Early February - Blustery & Grey

Early February - Blustery & Grey
Newly dug over square beds 07/02/11

Thursday 17 February 2011

Busting for a leek

I left the office 20 minutes early last night in order to pot up some leek seeds. By the time I got home though it was pretty much pitch black so my pottering about had to be in the fluorescent glow of the garage light. The plan to pot up both early and later varieties was curtailed, so only the late Blue Solaise variety got seeded. Three good sized pots were impregnated with 10 to 11 seeds each, a couple of cm apart. As my rows are 4.5m long, if all germinate that should just me a decent row with a few extras to dot in here and there over the plot. The pots were popped into the unheated mini greenhouse.

I've almost finished my allotment excel plan, and depending on the final outcome I may well look to add a second row of these leeks, so another batch of seeds might go in over the weekend, together with the early Jolants.

No comments: